Monday, May 01, 2006

Kanto FCI Results!

Well, we had another successful weekend, the FCI was Saturday and I showed both Eva in the puppy bitch class and Goldie in Ch. bitch. Both took the BOB's....Eva went on to a Group 1 Terrier Puppy and Best Puppy Queen in Show! Not bad for her first time in as a puppy class entry! Goldie went on to Group 1 Terrier and Reserve Queen in Show!

Chisato and I seperated at Iwama where her friend that keeps her Airedale picked her up and took her to the JATA (Japan Airedale Terrier Association) Specialty where her Airedale bitch won the Best in Specialty Show! Eric showed well up until the rain and then I guess he decided he was done...Chisato called me and told me that Eric would be walking home after his stunt. :-) But she was happy with her bitch winning, and when she came to meet me after the FCI Show, she had this HUGE TROPHY she has to to carry until the next show, where she then has to give it back to the club for the next show. When I say huge, I mean huge, its so heavy it has wheels on the bottom of the box!!! Anyhow, we managed to fit, 2 Airedales, a Wire Fox, and a Scotty into my van on the way home. Eva went home with Hiroshi where she will be given to her new owner, Mrs. Hakamada whom owns Hiroshi's Westy that he shows now. Mrs. Hakamada has been breeding and showing Westies in Japan as well as Scottish Terriers here and there. She was very excited to receive Eva. Eva needed a better home then I could give her at the moment. She is still very puppy and needs more attention. She has a very unique personality, something like her mother and she needs extra attention. Anyhow, Chisato and I managed to make enough room so that we could sleep in the front seats of the car and lean the seats back far enough so we could sleep more comfortably. Needless to say I woke up with sore knees from hitting the steering wheel all night. :-)

The small Ibaraki Show was Sunday but wasn't so successful. Chisato showed Eric, I had no entries so I just helped show Hiroshi's dogs, and I handled Eric in the breed so Chisato could see if there was anything she needed to trim before the group on him. She does an excellent job on him and he's a beautiful boy, unfortunately the judges haven't had the "cohonas" to put him up yet, and he didn't even get an excellent in the group. Unfortunately I think the Airedale maybe has a bad reputation in Japan and the judges never look at them. I told Chisato to keep fighting, but it is tough when you are showing for yourself and paying the expenses, Japan is not cheap!!!

We went out to eat and I had Japanese style pancakes for the first time, it was good but I was so full from Yakisoba that they ordered for me. :-) I drank too much Coke too. We got on the road at 5:30pm and I got home at 12:30, pretty good time, but I'm tired still, I had to go to work today too!

Until next time.....

No comments: