Saturday, May 06, 2006

Best in Show #3!!! Tokyo Chofu Rengoten Show!



We enjoyed the Japanese Holiday and Golden Week, and the Aomori Cherry Blossoms (Sakura) are now in bloom and Misawa is finally warm again, the weather has been wonderful here. I traveled Thursday evening after work at about 4 pm to get to Tokyo on Friday (May 5th) for a Dog Show for Goldie. I arrived at 1am, enough time to get some sleep before opening the gates at 6am. It was extremely hot and the parking lot was black top and some dogs didn't like it. Goldie was hot too and I didn't think was showing her best but she pulled through in the breed and winning the Group. She then went on to BEST IN SHOW! Thanks to all her fans and supporters who cheered her on! (Kao, Mr. Hirota, Mao, and the whole Clumber Up Family!) Then we went to dinner and I attempted to drive home but I was too tired. I slept near Fukushima until the sun rose and I continued to arrive home at 10am on Saturday, it was a long trip but well worth it.

Cookie came for the ride, and was happy to see everyone, she even saw her friend Shigeru whom she remembers giving her chicken treats while in the show ring last year. She loves Shige for the treats. :-)

No comments: